Caissa 2021 Spring League Standard Chess
Registration will close on April 8th or when we reach 40 players, whichever happens first
1. The tournament will be played at Caissa Chess Club (6F Wing Cheong Commercial Building, 19-25 Jervois Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong), on Sundays, starting at 2pm and expecting to finish around 5pm.
2. The schedule will be as it follows
Round 1: April 11th
Round 2: April 18th
NO GAME ON APRIL 25th
Round 3: May 2nd
Round 4: May 9th
Round 5: May 16th
Round 6: May 23rd
3.The tournament will be played according to the FIDE ‘Laws of Chess’.
4. Tournament will be valid for FIDE Rating, so players must have a valid FIDE ID in order to register to the tournament. If you don’t have one, contact your National Federation.
5. The Competition System will be Swiss System, with 6 rounds. Pairings will be done by computer system and no claim against them will be accepted, except a mistake when entering the results. Players will have 90 minutes per game, plus 30 seconds of increment after every move.
6. Each day, the games will start at 2pm. Default time will be 30 minutes. For the first round, players must arrive to the playing venue by 1.50 pm, otherwise they won’t be included in the pairing even if registered.
7. Players are allowed 1 BYE at any of the first 4 rounds and will be awarded 0.5 points. Players requesting such BYE must inform the arbiter by Wednesday before the next round and they won’t be included in the pairing. Subsequent requested BYEs/absences will not receive any points.
Players will not be paired for further rounds in case of cancellation after pairing is published without valid reason or simple no-show.
8. Score criteria
Armageddon game (White 5 minutes, Black 4, White must win)
9. Trophies for top 3 players in the Open, U16, U12 and U8 categories and in the Open category additional cash prizes of 1,000HKD, 750HKD and 500HKD for top 3.