CAISSA SPRING RAPID - June 13 & 20 (Sunday), 2-6pm
Keeping rotation in the type of tournaments we organize on Sunday afternoons, this time we will organize a non FIDE - rated Rapid event through 2 Sundays. Everybody can play, but expecting a quite strong event, we recommend it for students who are at Step 3 or above.
Limit: 32 registered players or June 11th, whatever happens first
1. The tournament will be played at Caissa Chess Club, 6/F Wing Cheong Commercial Building, 19-25 Jervois Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong on June 13th and 20th, starting at 2pm.
2. The tournament will be played according to the FIDE ‘Laws of Chess’, Rapid play.
3. Tournament will not be valid for FIDE Rating.
4. The Competition System will be Swiss System, with 7 rounds: 4 games on June 13th and 3 games on June 20th. Pairings will be done by computer system and no claim against them will be accepted, except a mistake when entering the results. Players will have 15 minutes per game, plus 10 seconds of increment after every move. Number of rounds or tournament format might change depending on the total number of players.
5. Players who are not present in the venue 10 minutes before the first round, won't be paired in that round even if they have paid the registration fee. Players who default a game without any notification to the Arbiter won't be paired in future rounds.
6. Recording is not mandatory. Players must write the correct result in the Game Result Slip that will be provided in every round. That slip should be signed. Once signed, the result will stay even if it's not correct.
7. Mobile phones should be switched off in the playing hall, except with arbiter permission.
1. Direct Encounter
2. Medium Bucholz
3. Total Bucholz
Armageddon game (White 5 minutes, Black 4, no increment, White must win)
Prizes will be awarded as per the exact place in the final standings and won't be shared: 1st Place - 1,000 HKD, 2nd Place - 750 HKD, 3rd Place - 500 HKD. Trophies for the top 3 players, Best U16, Best U12, Best U8