5th Winter Sunday Open
1. The tournament will be played at Caissa Chess Club (6F Wing Cheong Commercial Building, 19-25 Jervois Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong) on Sundays at 2pm from 13th January to 17th March.
2. The tournament will be played according to the FIDE ‘Laws of Chess’, Standardplay.
3. Tournament will be valid for FIDE Standard Rating, so registration is open only for players with FIDE ID. Players without FIDE ID should contact their National Chess Federation to obtain one before registering.
4. The Competition System will be Swiss System, with 7 rounds. Pairings will be done by computer system and no claim against them will be accepted, except a mistake when entering the results.
5. Time control: 75 minutes plus 30 seconds increment per move (90m30s time control shall apply if any player rated above 2200).
6. The tournament games start 2pm. Players who are not present in the venue 10 minutes before the first round, won't be paired in that round even if they have paid the registration fee. Players who default a game without any previous notification to the Arbiter won't be paired in future rounds.
7. Tournament Schedule: Sundays 13, 20, 27 January, 24 February, 3, 10, 17 March
8. Players must write down all the moves until the end of the game. Result should be written and signed in the scoresheet. Once signed, the result will stay even if it's not correct.
9. Mobile phones should be switched off in the playing hall, except with arbiter permission.
1. Direct Encounter
2. Medium Bucholz
3. Total Bucholz
5. Armageddon game (White 5 minutes, Black 4, White must win)
Prizes will be awarded as per the exact place in the final standings and won't be shared.
11. Trophies for top 3 players in the Open, U16, U12 and U8 categories and in the Open category additional cash prizes of 1,000HKD, 750HKD and 500HKD for top 3.
12. The Appeals Committee will include 3 players, if possible with any arbiter qualification. Any Arbiter decision can be appealed upon a 500 HKD deposit. This deposit will be refunded if the appeal is accepted, or even if rejected when the Appeals Committee decides that the claim had some grounds.
13. Any of these appeals should be sent in written immediately after the game where the incident happened finishes.