Caissa Autumn League
1. The tournament will be played at Caissa Chess Club (6F Wing Cheong Commercial Building, 19-25 Jervois Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong), on Sundays, starting at 2pm and expecting to finish around 5pm.
2. The schedule will be as it follows
· Round 1: November 15th
· Round 2: November 22nd
· NO GAME ON NOVEMBER 29th
· Round 3: December 6th
· Round 4: December 13th
· Round 5: December 20th
3. Pairing will be done by Swiss System. Every round will consist of 2 different games (25’+10”/move) between the same players:
· The first game, with the colours stated in the pairing, will start at 2pm.
· The second game, swapping colours, can start as soon as the players have finished their first game (and with a maximum 10 minutes break).
4. For Standings and Pairing purposes, each game will be counted independently (so a player can score 2 points in a round if he/she wins both games, 1.5 points by winning one game and drawing another one, …)
5. Each day, the games will start at 2pm. For the first round, players must arrive to the playing venue by 1.50 pm, otherwise they won’t be included in the pairing even if registered. For further rounds, players who are unable to play a round, should inform the arbiter by Wednesday evening. They won’t be included in the pairing and won’t create any disturbance. Players who are included in the pairing should provide a valid reason to miss one game.
6. Recording will be optional, but players must write down the result in the slip provide. Once signed, the result will stay even if it's not correct.
7. Mobile phones should be switched off in the playing hall, except with arbiter permission.
1. Direct Encounter
2. Medium Bucholz
3. Total Bucholz
5. Armageddon game (White 5 minutes, Black 4, White must win)
Prizes will be awarded as per the exact place in the final standings and won't be shared.
9. Trophies for top 3 players in the Open, U16, U12 and U8 categories and in the Open category additional cash prizes of 1,000HKD, 750HKD and 500HKD for top 3.