7th Winter Rapid - CGP Qualifying, not FIDE Rated
1. The tournament will be played at Caissa Chess Club (6F Wing Cheong Commercial Building, 19-25 Jervois Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong) on Sundays 2 and 16 December.
2. The tournament will be played according to the FIDE ‘Laws of Chess’, Rapid play.
3. Tournament will not be FIDE rated so anyone can participate, also without FIDE ID.
4. The Competition System will be Swiss System, with 8 rounds. Pairings will be done by computer system and no claim against them will be accepted, except a mistake when entering the results. Players will have 15 minutes per game, plus 10 seconds of increment after every move.
5. The tournament starts 2pm. Players who are not present in the venue 10 minutes before the first round, won't be paired in that round even if they have paid the registration fee. Players who default a game without any notification to the Arbiter won't be paired in future rounds.
6. Players must write the correct result in the Game Result Slip that will be provided in every round. That slip should be signed. Once signed, the result will stay even if it's not correct.
7. Mobile phones should be switched off in the playing hall, except with arbiter permission.
1. Direct Encounter
2. Medium Bucholz
3. Total Bucholz
5. Armageddon game (White 5 minutes, Black 4, White must win)
Prizes will be awarded as per the exact place in the final standings and won't be shared.
9. Trophies for top 3 players in the Open, U16, U12 and U8 categories and in the Open category additional cash prizes of 1,000HKD, 750HKD and 500HKD for top 3.
Sunday 2 December R1: 2pm, R2: 3pm, R3: 4pm, R4: 5pm
Sunday 16 December: R5: 2pm, R6: 3pm, R7: 4pm, R8: 5pm immediatley followed by followed by Prize Giving