OTB Spring 2021 RAPID OPEN
1. The tournament will be played at Zetland Hall, 1 Kennedy Road, Mid-Levels, Hong Kong on Sunday March 28th.
Round 1: 10:00am
Round 2: 10.45am
Round 3: 11.30am
Round 4: 12.15pm
Lunch Break: 1-2pm
Round 5: 2:00pm
Round 6: 2.45pm
Round 7: 3.30pm
Prize giving after the last round.
2. The tournament will be played according to the FIDE ‘Laws of Chess’, Rapid play.
3. Tournament will be valid for FIDE Rapid Rating, so players must have a valid FIDE ID in order to register to the tournament. If you don’t have one, contact your National Federation.
4. The Competition System will be Swiss System, with 7 rounds. Pairings will be done by computer system and no claim against them will be accepted, except a mistake when entering the results. Players will have 15 minutes per game, plus 5 seconds of increment after every move.
5. Players who are not present in the venue 10 minutes before the first round, won't be paired in that round even if they have paid the registration fee. Players who default a game without any notification to the Arbiter won't be paired in future rounds.
6. Recording of moves is not mandatory, but scoresheets will be available. Players must write the correct result in the Game Result Slip that will be provided in every round. That slip should be signed. Once signed, the result will stay even if it's not correct.
7. Mobile phones should be switched off in the playing hall, except with arbiter permission.
1. Direct Encounter
2. Medium Bucholz
3. Total Bucholz
5. Armageddon game (White 5 minutes, Black 4, no increment, White must win)
9. Prizes will be awarded as per the exact place in the final standings and won't be shared.
1st place: 1,000 HK$ + Trophy
2nd place: 750 HK$ + Trophy
3rd place: 500 HK$ + Trophy
Best U16, U14, U12, U10, U8: Trophy