1. The tournament will be played at Caissa Chess Club, 6/F Wing Cheong Commercial Building, 19-25 Jervois Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong on July 30th, starting at 1.30pm, expecting to finish around 6pm.
2. The tournament will be played according to the FIDE ‘Laws of Chess’, Rapid play.
3. Tournament will be valid for FIDE Rapid Rating, so players must have a valid FIDE ID in order to register to the tournament. If you don’t have one, contact your National Federation.
4. The Competition System will be Swiss System, with 6 rounds. Pairings will be done by computer system and no claim against them will be accepted, except a mistake when entering the results. Players will have 15 minutes per game, plus 5 seconds of increment after every move. Number of rounds or tournament format might change depending on the total number of players.
5. Players who are not present in the venue 5 minutes before the first round, won't be paired in that round even if they have paid the registration fee. Players who default a game without any notification to the Arbiter won't be paired in future rounds.
6. Recording is not mandatory. Players must write the correct result in the Game Result Slip that will be provided in every round. That slip should be signed. Once signed, the result will stay even if it's not correct.
7. Mobile phones should be switched off in the playing hall, except with arbiter permission.
1. Medium Bucholz
2. Total Bucholz
4. Armageddon game (White 5 minutes, Black 4, no increment, White must win)
Prizes will be trophies for the top 3 players (top 6 if more than 20 players), and for the Best U10, Best U12, Best U16
Registration at https://www.caissahk.org/summer-rapid-2023
We won't be able to provide individual registration confirmations. If you have received the Paypal confirmation, it should be correct.
We will update the participants lists in chess-results regularly, so you should see your name there in maximum 72 hours after registration.
A couple of days before the event, we will create a WhatsApp group for all the participants.