CAISSA WINTER LEAGUE (Standard+Rapid)
Sheung Wan, Sundays 2-5 pm, from February 2nd to March 22nd
Unrated! Everybody can play. But we recommend it for players Step2 and above.
1. The tournament will be played at Caissa Chess Club (6F Wing Cheong Commercial Building, 19-25 Jervois Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong), on Sundays, starting at 2pm and expecting to finish around 5pm.
2. The schedule will be as it follows
· Round 1: February 2nd
· Round 2: February 9th
· Round 3: February 16th
· NO GAME ON FEBRUARY 23rd
· Round 4: March 1st
· Round 5: March 8th
· Round 6: March 15th
· Round 7: March 22nd
3. Pairing will be done by Swiss System. Every round will consist of 2 different games between the same players:
· A 45’+15’’/move game, which will start a 2pm.
· A 15’+5’’/move game, swapping colours, which can start as soon as the players have finished their first game.
4. For Standings and Pairing purposes, a victory in the slow game will be counted as 2 points, the draw as 1 point and te lose as 0. For the rapid game the usual 1/0.5/0 points will apply.
5. Each day, the games will start at 2pm. For the first round, players must arrive to the playing venue by 1.50 pm, otherwise they won’t be included in the pairing even if registered. For further rounds, players who are unable to play a round, should inform the arbiter by Wednesday. They won’t be included in the pairing and won’t create any disturbance. Players who are included in the pairing should provide a valid reason to miss one game, or will be defaulted from the tournament.
6. Score criteria (the standard points will count double for all the criteria)
1. Combined score
2. Direct Encounter
3. Medium Bucholz
4. Total Bucholz
6. Armageddon game (White 5 minutes, Black 4, White must win)
1. Trophy + 1000 HKD
2. Trophy + 750 HKD
3. Trophy + 500 HKD
Trophy for best U8, U10, U12